I’m here lost in the modern twenty-first century
Sitting in church seats listening to a preacher
He discusses the bible and all that’s within
The marvelous stories that pertain to our faith
There’s the story of the unburned burning bush
The story of Moses and the chosen people
The story of Noah and the great flood
Don’t forget about Jonah in the fish’s belly
O, how many times I wish I was there
I could have witnessed so many of these
All these marvelous stories of incredible great faith
The very stuff that sometime I lack myself
I hear of David and the Palestinian giant
How Daniel was thrown in the lions den
Of the failure of the tower of Babel
Not to mention the story of son Joshua
Finally the greatest of all great bible stories
The virgin birth of Jesus Christ, God’s son
The life, followed to the death and crucifixion
Three days later are Savior raised from death
Would I have faith to be lowered, be healed
Could I touch his clothes to be healthy again
Would I have stepped on water and walked
Could I of lived as one with Disciples
O, how many times I wish I was there
I could have witnessed so many of these
All these marvelous stories of incredible great faith
The very stuff that sometime I lack myself
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Wish I Was There
Posted by Adonai's Creed at 3:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
"Would I have faith to be lowered, be healed
Could I touch his clothes to be healthy again
Would I have stepped on water and walked..."
The very stuff I sometimes lack myself" Love these.
Post a Comment